Apologies it has taken two months after the builders moved in, but here is the first update on the work that is currently taking place to the clubhouse.
The first month was very much a preparation month, hence the lack of progress report at the end of June. However, we are now 8 weeks in and those that have been at the ground have seen massive developments in the project during the last few weeks, so for those that haven’t seen it in person here’s what’s happened so far…
· New foundations have been laid for new side extensions and pitch facing lobby
· All old electrics removed
· All asbestos has been removed
· New external walls built
· Flat roof removed
· New drainage installed
· Water tank removed and new connection to water mains completed
· Some internal demolition works (including the old changing rooms and partition walls)
· Scaffolding erected for roof build
The next month will see the new roof work commence, so you will start to see the new external view of the building. By the middle of September the new building should be watertight and then it’s all about building the new internal features. We will be asking for more support from everyone, as we need financial support for the new furniture!
The old bar area – the roof is about to come off!
The view out from the bar area – no roof! (front door on right)
View towards kitchen (front door mat is on left)
Scaffolding is ready for new roof construction…
Old changing room areas – all walls will disappear completely soon and be replaced with 2 new changing rooms.